Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Journey Home

So, I currently reside just past Scotts Valley off Hwy17. My living situation is most agreeable... It is still close to Santa Cruz, but it is also close to San Jose, where I have to drive (or ride) to work.

I live with a family of people that I love, whom I laugh, enjoy, and have fun with. In my relaxing time I can lay by--or in-- the pool that is about 50 meters from my bed. From the tip of the driveway I am able to see all the way to big sir (about 30 miles) and the ocean. "The Ranch" is a place that lots of people from our church come to spend a day of fun, and I get to live there!

Jesus loves me.

Here's the rub...
They decided to re-pave the whole driveway. Since the driveway is the only access to the house, this is a very big deal. No one can drive into the part of the ranch that we live in.

Now, of course I knew that this was going to be happening...but did not plan well for it. When I was told all this I decided that I would just park my motorbike for the week and just use my car. After all, a car is much more handybthan the bike and it wouldn't hurt to have it. Come Monday morning ( the day they started ripping up the asphalt) I was awoken by a giant machine tearing up the road, and I hadn't gotten the car out yet....there is no way for a car to get out. Luckily I had my motorcycle and I could just barely scoot by the monster.

Now we have no direct access to the house...

Instead we drive another two miles down the road to where there is another entrance to the actual "ranch" part. From there drive up a pretty beaten up (partly dirt) road to where I can park. This part of the adventure gets really interesting because I drive a motorcycle and my bike is really not meant for any kind of bumps or dirt. Just picture how funny I must look driving up that road losing traction and swerving everywhere.

After I park I then have to transfer myself into a glorified gold cart and ride another mile or so up dirt trails to the house. This acutally ends up being really fun but it makes getting home really difficult.

So, if you are having a lousy day just remember that at least you have a driveway.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: